I LOVE this recipe. This is the EASIEST. RECIPE. EVER.
The only thing I regret is the picture quality above. Sigh. I had misplaced my camera and the only thing I had was my IPhone.
In my absent mindedness (or old age or pregnancy dementia) I had forgotten to take out the frozen chicken from the freezer yesterday morning in order to cook it for today’s meals so I tried looking online for frozen chicken recipes. So my best bet would be either to cook it in the pressure cooker or the crock pot. There weren’t any frozen chicken recipes for the pressure cooker that I could find, but boy, I found quite a few for the crock pot!
I finally chose one that had the most and best reviews — and one that I had all the ingredients for. A few modifications were made (more like additions) to the recipe per a few reviewers and below is what I did!
So I started the crock pot at 10:30pm at night last night and set it LOW for 8 hours. I only woke up at 6:30am and my crockpot had been on warm for 2 hours. So I stirred in the cream cheese and tasted it.. YUM. Amazing! Especially since the chicken was frozen solid when I had put it in last night!
I’m SO glad I found this recipe, else I’d have to buy some nasty food for lunch at my work cafeteria. This has a Mexican flair to it. I can’t comment on the authenticity of its taste but I do like Mexican food. I think adding a little jalapenos/serano chiles would make it even more exciting!
Crock Pot Chicken (from frozen!) with Black beans and Cream cheese
Serves: 6 Prep time: 2min Cook time: Low for 8 hours; Hi for 4-5 hours <View/print recipe only>
- About 3lb frozen chicken (boneless skinless chicken thighs)
- 1 jar salsa (15 oz)
- 1 can black beans (15 oz)
- 1 can corn (15oz) or frozen corn
- Few dashes of Garlic salt (i’d say about 1- 2 tsp)
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese
- Dump frozen chicken in crockpot and sprinkle garlic salt on each surface.
- Pour salsa, black beans, and corn into crock pot with garlic and cumin powder.
- Set to low and cook for 8 hours.
- When you wake up in the morning (or after coming home from work), stir up the chicken to shred it and put in cream cheese and mix well. Let sit for a while (5-10min).
- Serve with rice or tortillas. Enjoy!